Join The Hive!
The Austin Bumble Hive is hiring a dedicated and talented Junior Marketing Designer.
We’re a fast-moving startup that will challenge you to work quickly and efficiently while learning new business and design skills from a friendly and hardworking team.
Our ideal candidate is someone in the Austin area (though relocation is a possibility!) with a strong design sensibility and desire to learn and improve. You should be well-versed in design basics and familiar with contemporary design trends. Also, a firm understanding of traditional female-targeted branding and how that design sensibility intersects with current social media and marketing trends is an absolute plus.
Above all, we’re looking for someone who is a good fit socially, as you’ll be working in a chatty and fast paced office filled with 10+ bad-bee women on a daily basis.
- Participate in design discussions and planning with the Senior Marketing Designer and CCO
- Work from the company brand to create new and creative marketing pieces
- Work from templates to create branded content for social media and social advertising
- Participate in general company planning and marketing direction planning
- Work with the international marketing team on quick turnaround for guerilla marketing efforts
- Report directly to the Senior Marketing Designer as her right hand
- Ability to refine designs as needed according to research or stats
- Ability to explain and discuss design decisions from an real world or ideological standpoint
- Work with the entire Bumble team regarding feedback on design and general quick turnaround of design assets
- Understanding of Bumble’s core mission as a company dedicated to advancing, empowering, and helping women
- Design-focused college degree
- An online portfolio showcasing relevant work
- At least 2 years of experience creating designs for print, mobile and/or web
- Familiarity with best practices for web graphics
- Familiarity with best practices for print graphics
- College or professional experience working as part of a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in Photoshop and Illustrator with familiarity in the Adobe Creative Suite and an interest in quickly learning new platforms
- Availability for 40 hours per week/full time work
- Commitment to be available in case of emergency for weekend or evening work as needed
- Bumble user
- Understanding or experience in social media advertising
- Design-adjacent skills: web or app coding, photography, drawing, lettering, etc
- Healthcare reimbursement
- Flexible time off
- Top of the line technology to create the best designs
- New as of 2017 office with an open floor plan
- Catered daily lunches
- Team trips, events and travel
Interested? Email your resume, website and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bumble was born out of a desire to reinvent the antiquated rules of dating and empower women to feel confident in controlling the conversation. On Bumble, women set the tone by making the first move. Prompting conversation has led Bumble to the highest post-match chat rate in the industry.
Because of the unique model of putting women in charge and employing robust reporting, Bumble has incomparably low reports of harassment and abuse.
Bumble is successful because the entire team lives by the belief that when women succeed, we all succeed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Bumble. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.